Getting the best locally-grown fresh fruits and vegetables is possible with the Manhattan Beach Farmers Market. This market is one of the best places for artisan foods, fresh produce, plants and flowers.
The market is found at 13th Street and Morningside Road with parking found underground at the Metlox parking lot. This market is open all year round and provides plenty of great vendors to choose from including:
- ABC - Fresh spinach, mixed greens, arugula and herbs
- Atkins - Potted plants, guavas, avocados and more
- Bliss Avocados - organic avocados
- Dates by Davall - Dates
- Game Farms - Potatoes, shallots, yams, eggs, oranges and more
- Ha's Apples - Regular and organic apples
- Jaime Farms - Eggs, strawberries, vegetables and herbs
- Moua Ser - Basil, eggplant, lemon grass, gingerbbage, Bok Choy
- Novy Ranch - Grass fed beef
- Smith Farms - Organic produce
- Soledad Goats - Goat cheese
- Sonora/Marcel Orchid - Orchids
- Suncoast Farms - Brocculiuliflower, brussel sprouts, asparagus and artichokes
- Valley Center - Citrus, eggs, sprouts, eggs and more
- Domenico's - Fresh pasta and Italian specialties
- Deisy's Crepes - Crepes Puusas
- East West - Low fat sauces and spread
- MB Bread - Fresh bread and pastries
- Schreiners Meat - Cold meat and sausages
- Wink's Lobster Roll - Clam chowder and lobster rolls
- And Many Other Vendors!
Many of the items found at the market are organic and just about everything is local, except for the imported foods found at a few of the specialty vendors. You can do your shopping and get a great meal at the market.
The market is open from 11am to 4pm during the regular season and from 11am to 5pm during the summer (Memorial Day through Labor Day). For more information about the Manhattan Beach Farmers Market visit their website here, http://www.mbfarmersmarket.com.