The Los Angeles Ballet will be performing the Balanchine Festival RED, which is part two of this two-part series. Don't worry if you missed the first part of the series, you can still enjoy the second part. This part of the festival will happen in May and June with multiple performances. The featured three works are:
- La Valse - This is an energetic waltz with a touch of doom.
- Agon - Performed by one dozen dancers in black and white, it's a bit like a contest.
- Rubies - This performance is the gem of the show and allows the elegance to be shown off.
Performances will be held throughout the month of May and June at various Performing Arts Center. Thordal Christensen and Colleen Neary are the artistic directors for the show. You can catch one of the many performances at any of the following locations and times:
- Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center - May 11th at 7:30pm
- Carpenter Performing Arts Center - May 18th at 7:30pm
- Valley Performing Arts Center - May 25th at 7:30pm
- Alex Theatre - May 26th at 2pm
- Royce Hall, UCLA - June 9th at 2pm
This is a great event to make a date night with dinner beforehand. All of the performances are happening at locations close to great restaurant choices. You can enjoy one of the many restaurants for dinner, and then take in an amazing performance of ballet, music and entertainment.
Tickets range in price depending on your seat choice and where you see the performance. The most expensive ticket is $95 for all performances and most start at $24. The exception is the May 18th performance at Carpenter Performing Arts Center in Long Beach. Tickets for this performance start as low as $18. All other shows start at $24 and range up to $95.